It seems to me that the more educated we are, the more nourishment we receive, the better groomed we are, we become more and more reliant on what I call the SOP on life. Standard of Procedures. Oh god, I get so fucking annoyed when I talk about this...

Let me quote you an example, it was late one evening, I wanted to buy this traditional Chinese biscuit from this particular pastry shop down in Central. The boss said to me, I only have 5 egg tarts left, do you want it miss? I felt sorry for the old man and I said yes. He put it in a plastic bag for me and I was like, what are you doing? Can't you give me a box? He said, we only give you a box if you buy six...... Number 1 - you had 5 fucking eggtarts left wor, I can't like shit an extra one right.

Really, you must be shitting me right and plus the fact, I had no intentions to buy egg-fucking tarts in the first place. I pitied the guy and he couldn't even give me a fucking box. What kind of rule is that? Due to his obstinate ways of not relenting over a fucking box, this man I can tell you ended my relationship with his biscuits...FOR GOOD...

I don't know about you; I remembered a time when people went the extra mile to make someone else happy. There was this old sundry shop grandma used to buy rice from. The shop lady would always give me some candies when I visited. It was such a small act of gesture on her end that resulted to a lifelong revenue stream from grandma up until the time of her demise. So Why the fucking hell did we become so fucking robotic?

A few months ago, I read with a fair amount of disbelief a story about a nurse at the emergency ward not attending to a man lying outside the hospital who was then suffering from a heart attack. The excuse - not within standard of procedure. The man must make a call through 999... Harlow??? Who the fuck created this standard of procedure, I don't know...

Is it our flawed education system that numbed our brains? Is it because we are so contended with mediocracy that we just come to work and leave work feeling indifferent about anything? How come there are so many people living on earth and yet not even 10% of them are making a difference to the world? No one dares to correct anyone when things go wrong. No one dares to say, fuck you standard of procedures. Ya right, just blame it all on the system la. Afterall we all die right....

0 Responses to "What is your SOP? You tell me now."

Post a Comment